DOGS ADOPTED : 800
Jake's Wish Rescue Inc. Copyright 2014
Thank you for choosing to foster rescued dogs for Jake’s Wish Dog Rescue (“Jake’s Wish”). The number of dogs rescued by Jake’s Wish is directly related to the number of Jake’s Wish foster homes, so your willingness to open your home and heart to one or more foster dogs creates the space for us to rescue more dogs in need. We understand fostering a dog is a big responsibility. If you have any problems or concerns, please let us know. We have lots of experience handling a variety of issues that arise when caring for rescued dogs, so it is likely we can help you resolve any problems or concerns you have to your satisfaction.
If not, we will happily take the dog back into our care. While you are never “stuck” with a foster dog, please understand that should you wish to return a foster dog, it may take a few days before we can make alternative arrangements.
1. That he/she does not have any right or authority to keep Foster Dogs at any location other than the address listed above or to place Foster Dogs in any other home, including another foster home, or with any other individual unless prior consent is given by Jake’s Wish.
2. That it is necessary for record keeping, appointments, public information, etc. to refer to Foster Dogs by the names assigned by Jake’s Wish. Foster agrees to refer to his/her Foster Dogs by their assigned names for all business purposes, including in social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and at adoption events.
3. That many rescue dogs are escape artists, and are especially prone to escape when in a new environment and when left alone. Foster agrees to keep Foster Dogs as indoor companions and to keep Foster Dogs in a fenced yard, a fenced area approved for free-running dogs, or on a leash when outside; Foster agrees not to leave Foster Dogs outside when no one is home. Foster agrees to contact Jake’s Wish immediately if a Foster Dog is lost or stolen.
4. That it is necessary that Jake’s Wish be able to contact Foster concerning Foster Dogs and Jake’s Wish business. Foster agrees to return phone calls, texts or email messages from Jake’s Wish within 24 hours and to notify Jake’s Wish in the event any change occurs in the address or contact information listed above.
5. That it is necessary for Foster to bring Foster Dogs to adoption events or to allow Jake’s Wish to make alternate transportation arrangements for such events so that Foster Dogs may find their forever homes. Foster agrees to facilitate Foster Dog adoptions outside of regularly scheduled adoption events by making Foster Dogs available upon reasonable request.
6. That Jake’s Wish will provide food for Foster Dogs upon request and that necessary equipment such as a crate or kennel will be loaned to Foster for Foster Dogs upon request, providing such equipment is available. Foster agrees that any such equipment loaned to him/her remains property of Jake’s Wish and agrees to immediately return such equipment, in good condition (subject to normal wear and tear) at the end of the foster period, or sooner if demanded by Jake’s Wish. Foster agrees that if any loaned items are lost, stolen, or damaged beyond use or repair as a result of Foster’s negligence, Foster will promptly pay Jake’s Wish to replace the item with like quality. Foster acknowledges and understands that Jake’s Wish will not pay for or reimburse Foster for food, treats, toys or other supplies necessary for the normal daily care of Foster Dogs without the prior consent of Jake’s Wish.
7. That Jake’s Wish and its officers and volunteers cannot predict or guarantee the actions, behavior, or disposition of Foster Dogs. Foster acknowledges and understands that although every effort has been made to assess the temperament of Foster Dogs, they are living creatures and may act unpredictably in any given situation. Foster agrees to take reasonable precautions to prevent accidents and guard against unpredicted actions by Foster Dogs, and to notify Jake’s Wish within 12 hours of any bite or other injury inflicted by Foster Dogs upon a person or domestic animal, including one of Foster’s own pets.
8. That Jake’s Wish and its officers and volunteers cannot guarantee Foster Dogs are free from illness, parasites or pests, some of which may pose a danger to the health of people or other pets. Foster agrees to notify Jake’s Wish as to any Foster Dog health problems. Foster further acknowledges and understands that Jake’s Wish has the exclusive right to determine the proper course of action to take upon such notification.
9. That Jake’s Wish will cover Foster’s veterinary expenses incurred for Foster Dogs only if prior consent is given by Jake’s Wish. Foster agrees to contact Jake’s Wish immediately if a Foster Dog becomes injured or ill or needs emergency veterinary care.
10. That Jake’s Wish retains legal control of Foster Dogs and Foster is not authorized to make any legal or medical decisions on behalf of Foster Dogs or to incur any costs on behalf of Jake’s Wish without the express consent of Jake’s Wish. 11. That Jake’s Wish retains the right, in its discretion, for any reason, to take and retain physical possession of Foster Dogs at any time. Foster agrees to release Foster Dogs to Jake’s Wish upon verbal and/or written demand.
12. That if he/she is authorized to process the adoption of a Foster Dog, he/she will take all reasonable care to ensure the adopters have read and understand the adoption agreement and that the agreement is signed by adopters and the full amount of the donation is collected before permitting the adopters to take possession of the Foster Dog. Foster further agrees to transmit immediately to Jake’s Wish the adopted dog’s adoption donation and the fully executed adoption contract.
13. Foster agrees not to alter in any way the appearance of Foster Dogs without written permission from Jake’s Wish.
14. Foster agrees to keep a collar on Foster Dogs at all times and to affix to the collar a Jake’s Wish identification tag, which will be provided to Foster upon request.